A company secretary is “one of the key governance professionals within the organisation”, according to Deloitte. It is a role that has developed from its early iteration as the person who provided administrative support to the board of directors to a pivotal position within the company. Given the importance of the role, it is essential to understand the qualities of a good company secretary in order to find the right person to fill it. This article highlights the attributes needed to be an effective secretary. In Business Day, Olayimika Phillips says that “any company desirous of long term and sustainable […]
Roles and Responsibilities - iBabs
iBabs is a leader in paperless meetings and enables you to reduce these piles of documents to the thickness of your tablet. Thousands of organizations have been using this system for more than 15 years.
- How To Announce New Board Members And Make Them Feel Welcome
- What Makes A Good Company Director Today?
- Our Shortlist Of The Best Books On Corporate Governance
- What Are The Key Qualities Of A Good Company Secretary?
- The 7 Chairing Meetings Skills That Every Chair Should Develop
- How to Increase Board Diversity (and Reap All the Benefits)
Posts by topic
- Board composition (3)
- Board Meetings (18)
- Cases (6)
- Functionalities (3)
- General (59)
- Governance (4)
- Local Authorities and Governments (1)
- Meeting techniques (23)
- Meeting trends (18)
- Paperless meetings (21)
- Robert’s Rules Of Order (8)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Security (5)
- Sustainability (3)
- Tools & templates (4)
iBabs Meeting Insights
Join over 24,000 professionals on the Meeting Insights email list to get updated to the latest on meeting management. All our tips and tricks delivered to your inbox.